Sled Dog Slow started as a way to keep family apprised of our Alaskan adventure, but it has grown to so much more than that. Through writing this blog, I have met so many people from around the world on their own homesteading journeys. I never imagined that I would have as many readers as I do, much less that I would be recognized for this blog, so I was amazed to be nominated for the Liebster Award!
Thank you to Sabrina at Crunchy and Country for the nomination! Check out her blog for more homestead goodness!
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster is a German word, that means dearest, beloved, or sweetheart. As in, your dearest friend.
The Liebster Award started in 2011 as a way to recognize the efforts of fellow bloggers. It’s also a great way to discover new blogs, meet other bloggers, network, and share a little about yourself. This award is a great way for bloggers to connect!
My Favorite Blog
My favorite blog right now (and probably will be forever) is Idlewild Alaska. I discovered Idlewild Alaska when I was doing research on moving to Alaska, and the first post I read by Amanda was The Importance Of Self-Sufficiency In Alaska. That post has stuck with my on our homesteading journey, and I’ve seen the effects of late barges and bad weather now myself. I am consistently drawn back to Amanda’s blog as she is a wealth of knowledge for homestead living in Alaska, and she’s got great recipes for local cuisine too (some day I’ll get around to trying this Homemade Moose Summer Sausage). Even though she is Alaska based, much of what Amanda writes about is useful knowledge for any homestead. Check out her blog, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I do!
Ten Fun Facts
In accordance with the rules of this nomination, here are ten random facts about me.
- I have a degree in Criminal Justice.
- My favorite dessert is Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake.
- I LOVE Arctic Fox Hair Color and regularly dye my hair (it’s teal right now!)
- I used to keep tarantulas as pets.
- I’m allergic to Pineapple, Kiwi, and Dragon Fruit.
- I’ve been known to eat an entire loaf of Artisan bread, with just salt.
- I kept my last car running for years with electrical tape and bungee cords holding the engine together.
- Since I grew up in the desert, the best smell in the world to me is fresh rain on sagebrush.
- Yellow is my least favorite color, yet my wedding colors where yellow and white because…
- My favorite flowers are sunflowers!
Liebster Award Nominees
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award
- List these rules in your post
- Answer all 11 questions asked and ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
1. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
2. Swimming in the pool, lake or ocean?
Pool. Water and I are not friends, and I hate not being able to see the bottom.
3. What is your dream vacation?
I’d like to go somewhere on the equator. A tiny, uninhabited island surrounded by blue seas sounds perfect.
4. Country music: Love it or hate it?
I can take it or leave it. I like some of the 90’s stuff, but mostly I’m an Alternative Rock kinda person.
5. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
‘Meeting’ all the other bloggers in the homestead niche from around the world!
6. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Night owl. I like mornings just fine, but I tend to sleep through them.
7. Besides blogging, what is one of your favorite hobbies?
I used to spray paint a lot. Now I don’t have the space for it, but I miss it and would like to get back into it some day.
8. What is your favorite ethnic food?
Mexican food. I could live off Chicken Mole Enchiladas.
9. How long have you been blogging?
1 year and 3 months.
10. Would you rather live in the country or city?
Country, way out in the country. That’s why I live in the Alaskan bush!
11. What are three words that best describe you?
Intelligent, Rebellious, Loyal.
- What is your favorite flower?
- Who is your real life hero?
- When is the best time of day?
- Where is your happy place?
- Why did you choose your blog name?
- Which is better: Climbing in bed after a long day, or waking up after sleeping in?
- How do you prefer your eggs for breakfast? (Over easy, scrambled, etc.)
- What is the best movie you’ve ever seen in theaters?
- What is your favorite smell?
- Can you sleep with the light on or does it need to be completely dark?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Thanks again to Sabrina at Crunchy and Country for nominating me! I look forward to learning more about all the Liebster award nominees, and hope to see you all around the blog-o-sphere for many years to come!